Advertisement

sleeping shrooms

topic posted Wed, November 9, 2005 - 9:53 AM by  etherealgurl
Share/Save/Bookmark
Recently, i ingested a small amount of mushrooms....The trip started to unfold very quickly and i soon found myself freezing so i jumped in my bed under a giant heap of blankets trying to get warm. The next thing I know, I get the sensation of someone changine the lens, so to speak and i am sleeping and in a lucid dream. I was spoken to, showed my animal totem and had a few other things revealed to me. While I was lucid I was indeed sleeping...this I realized of course when I awoke .... (it was 3 hours later too)

I had heard of people having sleeping trips on shrooms before but I had never had one and couldn't imagine sleeping under such an influence.

The experience was very healing.....

I would love to hear from any others who have had this experience....
posted by:
etherealgurl
Michigan
Advertisement
  • Re: sleeping shrooms

Wed, November 9, 2005 - 11:01 AM
    The only ones that put me to sleep are Amanitas. I have grown quite a sweet tooth for A Muscaria Var. Formosa. I can eat those things like candy.

Sat, November 12, 2005 - 1:31 AM
      i have been wanting to try eating mushrooms right before i go to sleep. So that they don't kick in till i am already asleep. I wonder if they would take an effect in my dreams, or wake me up, or not absorb until i woke up because of digestive processes. I usually leave them in my mouth when i eat them and let the juices soak into my throaght rather than just eating them. so i am usually tripping pretty hard in about 15 minutes. In this case i would have to just swallow them so it wouldn't kick in. I don't think i would be able to fall asleep while tripping.

Sat, November 12, 2005 - 11:42 AM
        dan,

My experience with taking mushrooms and then sleeping, is that it was simply a waste of mushrooms. I personally did not notice anything while I was asleep and when I woke up I was sober.

Sat, November 12, 2005 - 12:43 PM
        I think that if you are a lucid dreamer than this experiment could be very lucrative in the wealth of information you could receive while in the dream state. The trick, of course is remembering it.

If you are not a lucid dreamer yet, it doesn't really take long to learn and it is so much fun! I totally recommend it!

IMO the purpose of taking psychedelic substances is to explore consciousness in ALL it's aspects..... so dream exploration while under the influence of shrooms is very appealing to me.

Sat, November 12, 2005 - 4:23 PM
          The flip side of this is taking a psychedelic in and tripping IN your dream, what Charles Tart called a "high dream." I had a dream last week in which I drank a bowl of ayahuasca and tripped... Had a couple of shroom dreams many years ago.

Sat, November 12, 2005 - 4:28 PM
            Phil,

yes, this seems to be what is much more commonly reported on, is that people experience taking a substance in the dream, as opposed to taking a substance before going into dreaming. And this is another potentially fascinating subject. Does this indicate some sort of hard-wiring for psychedelic experiences, or is it some sort of weird placebo or flashback effect, or is our mind simply reshuffling what is floating around in the unconscious?

Sat, November 12, 2005 - 4:23 PM
          it definitely sounds like an interesting proposition. Do you have any experience with this yourself? The combination of the two that is. In fact, it sounds so potentially interesting that I'm sure at least one person in this tribe has experimented with the combination and may be able to comment on it. I know that Zoe7 talks about combining brain technology devices with chemicals and also with lucid dreaming, but his examples sound so extreme that I can hardly imagine that they would be normal reactions, and I've never heard him specifically talk about using mushrooms.

I have not had much luck with lucid dreaming, and thus I find that when I have mushrooms they are better utilized while awake. There are certainly plenty of lucid dreamers in the psychedelic community. It just seems somewhat likely to me that if lucid dreaming was dramatically aided by the consumption of psychedelics, it would be more commonly reported on within the community.

Sun, November 13, 2005 - 9:16 AM
            Well, actually, I started this thread because I had my first experience with it. If you read my first post, you will see that I did indeed experience combining shrooms and lucid dreaming....it's why I put up the thread...lol

I am interested in knowing if other people have experienced this as well and what they have done with it....since I did not expect to go to sleep in that trip, it wasn't really planned....I think if you planned such a thing it might even be more revealing/teaching.

Sun, November 13, 2005 - 2:18 PM
              I apologize. Not sure how I missed that. I read every other post in the damn thread, but that one somehow. Anyways, sounds interesting. Am interested to here other people's stories...

Sat, November 12, 2005 - 7:42 AM
    first time i shroomed i was indoors. i'd been awake for 48 hours prior. fell asleep 30 minutes after eating em. didn't know if they were amanita or psylocibes. brief mild nausea. spent the next 4 hours or so dreaming up a succession of short films, returning to full cosciousness briefly betwixt each, then finally settled into the 8 hour long sleep my body needed.

last time i shroomed i was outdoors. a chilly night made chillier by the shrooms. not as brief (45 min.) and medium (just short of puking) nausea. an endless succession of red/blue pinwheels and spiraly things on the inside of my eyelids. rooted to the ground i was sitting on. sleep not possible until 8 hours after ingestion.

prefer the sleeping shrooms.

Sat, November 12, 2005 - 7:50 AM
    I once ate 4 1/2 grams of psliocibe... I kinda freaked out about the dose and went to bed, the shadows started to melt and I went under. I didn't remember anything of the trip and I fear it was a waste.

Sat, November 12, 2005 - 8:39 AM
      I don't think it would be a waste. A lot of the benefit of tripping goes under the radar in the subconscious and unconscious parts of our psyche. What probably occurred is that your unconscous mind receivd all the healing from that trip which would explain why your conscious mind thinks it was a waste of time....

just my opinion, tho....I have no science to back it....it's just a hunch...

It would be interesting to see what you could remember of the trip thru hypnosis tho.

Sat, November 12, 2005 - 10:29 AM
        Heh... I think most of our experience, tripping or not, goes under the radar in the unconscious parts of the psyche. The fun part of tripping (or dreaming) is what you can remember... but that might not be the most useful part.

Sun, November 13, 2005 - 4:34 PM
    I love this experience. Last time it happened was years ago, but it was very, very good. Faery Land, indeed.

G

Tue, November 15, 2005 - 2:51 PM
      Ive heard of people eating large amounts of lsd and taking a nap.....i guess its pretty nuts when you wake up tripping. The report i remember the dude forget he ate the acid at first and was like WTF.....but then obviously remembered and was tripping extremely hard almost immediately. I am yet to try lsd.

Sometimes i lucid dream...sometimes i can't even remember my dreams. Valerian root really increases my dream quality. I guess if i ever have surplus shrooms i will take a large dose of valerian and a small dose of shrroms and see what happens.

Tue, November 15, 2005 - 3:47 PM
        "I guess if i ever have surplus shrooms i will take a large dose of valerian and a small dose of shrroms and see what happens."

My guess is upset stomach and the shits. I used to grow valerian. It's pathetic, not much more than slightly active placebo and it always screwed with my stomach.

Fri, November 18, 2005 - 7:43 AM
    not on mushrooms, but san pedro. I was tripping for 24 hours... finally my body needed to sleep. I had 5 hours of colorful lucid dreams, then woke up later and continued tripping for another 12 hours. sheesh! way nice...

also, I recall reading that Groucho Marx and his wife used to take Seconal and LSD; which would knock them out and they'd have far-out dreams!

Recent topics in "Psychonauts"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Younger Women Looking for Older Men Unsubscribed 0 November 18, 2014
Do you create your own reality? Caitlyn 4 October 3, 2014
Deja vu while on MDMA Unsubscribed 19 October 3, 2014
Tantric Buddhist Empowerments Entire West Coast : A Teaching A... offlineK 0 September 30, 2014